it's weird


When you're young, and particularly a female, there's lots of emphasis on treasuring/attaining/standing in awe of physical human beauty.

I got neglected a lot in school and I think at some point I realized something.

When people are born, and grow to be beautiful, it's usually not something they earn. It's not something they have to work hard for (perish the thought that anyone has to put any effort into their appearance*), or grow from, or even usually get educated by.

Beauty is a form of luck that teaches no lessons of hard work. At that point, it's value became pretty low for me. It's weird how when we stumble upon ideas how it can shape our perception of media.

I think I was something like 9 when I realized that it wasn't something worth worrying about too much. If I could teach anyone out there something, it's that things that are worthwhile are worth their weight in work, and the satisfaction is worth the wait.

And so, unflattering self portrait # 109! I gotta say that these are fun to do. Just wanted to talk about something on my mind that helped me out years ago.

* - Another thing that I've noticed in society is that women who try to improve their appearance (when they are not already beautiful) are fake. Now that, to me, is some serious bullshit.

Comments