New update about the girl with the big rack.
-made the shoulders broader
-narrowed the face some
-Added some shadows under the eyes
-Tweaked the eyes further
-Made the forehead a tad smaller
-I changed the color for the nose, which looks better.








The left boob is still badly out of shape but I focused mostly on the face for the 45 minutes this time around.


This is something we discussed last time. In this case, is the darker area broad enough to warrant an outline? This is one thing which I struggle with. I want to master volumes without resorting to shortcuts like lines which are not very realistic...



To clarify about the palette, PPD:


This is the palette I have so far. I'm doing this totally on instinct, I have no knowledge on color theory, I just do what looks right. 

I’m reading a book about acrylic painting and I’m trying to make connections to the girl I’m pixelling at the moment.

Values:

When I'm picking the color for the skin, is it with values that I should mess around with? For instance:


In the example above, the darkest area (the color with the most black) is the area where light reaches the least. Then, there's a gradation up to the foread where light reaches the most (area where the color is mixed with the most white).

Comments